Coordinator: Tina Gustavson, Rectory
Eucharistic ministers are volunteers who distribute the Eucharist during the Liturgy. There always is a need for Eucharistic ministers at all masses, so please consider this ministry as a possible calling to serve.
Tina Gustavson coordinates our Eucharistic ministers. She can be reached by using the contact form below if you have more questions about this ministry.
More about what being a eucharistic minister entails
Being an Extraordinary Minister of Holy Communion is truly a ministry. It brings the sacrament of the Body and Blood of Christ to the People of God. It also gives the person serving as minister an opportunity of witnessing to faith in the real presence of Jesus during the Eucharistic meal of Christ's sacrifice.
- You must be Baptized and Confirmed.
- You must be 15 years or older.
- There is training you will attend, as well as a video to view.
- You will be commissioned at a Sunday Mass and receive a card confirming your ministry.
- Wear clothing in keeping with the primary role as a member of the assembly (congregation).
- Meetings will be scheduled on occasion to renew commitment to the ministry and discuss issues and questions that may have arisen during the course of the ministry.
Also, please know there is beautiful grace you receive in performing this ministry. Blessings!
Contact Us About Becoming a Eucharistic Minister