A Catholic wedding is sacred ceremony. Your artistic arrangement of fresh flowers will greatly enhance the sense of sacredness for the worshipping assembly. St Jerome Church offers you these guidelines:
- We encourage the use of open floral arrangements. Those that are small and overly symmetrical become lost in the church because the space in and around the altar is too large. Please familiarize yourselves with the church environment
- Our Parish is most conscientious about the liturgical environment Accordingly, all permanent and seasonal decorations, such as for the Lenten season, must be respected.
- We do not permit the use of runners, candles, or candelabra. Flowers and flower petals may not be strewn and confetti, rice, birdseed, and bubbles may not be thrown in the church and on its property for these items present safety hazards.
- If bows, ribbons, or floral decorations are to be used on the center aisle pews, there are 23 pews on each side. Rubber bands or clips may be used to attach decorations. Tape, wire, tacks or other adhesives MAY NOT BE USED, as these items damage the wood surface.
- Florist may begin decorating one hour prior to the wedding ceremony.
- Please review all your decorating plans with the wedding coordinator.